So this is our new home... yeah. ok, so i have all this room (almost double what we had in d.c.! can you imagine!) and am trying to figure out the best layout and colors.

Here was the original view from the front door.

Not as much change came as I thought when I added the curtains
Living Room, love my couch I designed but having trouble mixing it with the antique couch we just inherited, which I love too!
Thought about adding a horizontal stripe around the entire room to help bring both areas together.

What the room looked like before the antique furniture.

How the room circles around, keep this in mind when you see the following pics.

Bland, Bland, Bland kitchen!
Thinking about this to brighten up since I can't change any of the freakin white stuff!

Our screened in porch. Door on left goes into "antique room". Door straight ahead goes into kitchen. Ideally would like to use this space in both winter and summer months without enclosing (since we don't own the home yet) for a couple reasons. One, we use the A&M fridge as our beverage fridge and access on both a day to day basis and when people come over (which is often). Also, have thought about hanging really cool outdoor curtains to close in the space but you can say goodbye to the sun if I do that!
Stairs to playroom and office. Loved these letter so much I bought more to make the alphabet. And what luck to find such a cool valance, which I used as a tent thing as you go upstairs.
Playroom as it is now. Not happy with how bland it still is.
Some ideas I had. Wouldn't do orange, maybe pink or green. Also, don't know if I could paint my own tree or buy the thing they used. AND... my office is right there so I have to paint my office a color to coordinate or it will look funny. Sigh...

Light makes a room so can't decide if I should paint a bright color like the green since I don't have good lighting or if I should install more lighting (even though we are renting)

HELP!
1 comment:
goodness...you've been busy taking pictures of the house...well kiddo...i see a lot of paint in your future!...i'll come help! (which means i'll watch jules!!)
Post a Comment