
Today I had my upper GI test at the children's hospital in Louisville. Mom and dad were up all night with me feeding, even though I don't usually eat in the middle of the night, because I couldn't eat after 5am and they didn't want me to be starving when I woke up. Well it worked, we were up early to make the hour long drive to Louisville and I did great! I didn't fuss once :) The radiology department was running behind so our 9:30 appointment turned into 10:30. My first xray of my tummy empty didn't work because I moved so we went back to the room for another shot. After that, they strapped me down to a board that turned me upside down. I was NOT cool with this but mom and dad did a pretty good job at comforting me. I had to drink Barium which is really thick and white. The Barium made it easier for the doctor to watch food go down my esophagus and into my tummy. I refluxed once during the procedure and once while waiting. After that we had to wait and every 30 minutes they took more images to watch my tummy empty. All in all we didn't leave until 2pm and the only information we got was that I eat too fast and my tummy empties slower than normal. Mom is going to call and get more information in a few days once they have had time to read all the films... and that was my day in the radiology department!
1 comment:
Poor Jules!I hope they can get the problem fixed!! But what a sweetheart...big smiles for a crummy day! Why can't big people be more like children? Miss you friend!! :)
Post a Comment