Saturday, August 9, 2008

6 Month Checkup






So this past Friday Ft. Knox finally got us in for our 6 month checkup. We were there for over 2 hours which was frustrating but we had a good appointment. We found out I am 15 lbs and 5 oz which is the 40th%, not the 25th% as we were told last week. Mom was happy to hear that I am gaining weight well now since I scared her back a few months ago when I dropped into the 10th%. I am now 26 1/2 - 26 3/4" depending on which nurse you asked which is the 75th%. No surprise there since mommy and daddy are both pretty tall. Mom and dad were surprised to hear that my head is 16.18" which is apparently the 5th%, they didn't think I had a small head. So I guess I didn't get their big head if you know what I mean! :) I had to get three shots on Friday which I WAS NOT happy about.

I was all smiles to everyone the whole time I was there (especially the black people, I am intrigued by their skin and was reaching for their hands and faces the whole time) until the shots came... then I screamed bloody murder like never before. Mom was a little freaked out, I could see it but she tried to console me by offering me a bottle. I of course did not take the bottle just to make a point to her not to make me do that again ... I think she got the point :) but the nurse said something on the way out like "see you in a few months!"... yeah OK lady!!

Mom raised the issue of my reflux back up to the doctor and he told her she wasn't putting enough cereal in my milk so now i am drinking the consistency of a milkshake through my bottle... it's kinda like drinking a frosty through a straw... NOT EASY! But, it is helping me keep my food down. Mom and dad also bought this new hypoallergenic formula that is easier and faster for my tummy to break down. Good news is I am not puking up ounces at a time anymore, bad news is mommy and daddy have to pay a ridiculous amount for this special formula. They also bought me a new bed that helps elevate me and "lull" me to sleep, which I of course resisted at first just to be difficult, but I like it now and for the first time mommy and daddy and I slept a good bit without me waking. I am still trying to make it through the night completely but anything is better than waking every hour to my throat burning.

I am now sitting on my own, although I lose my balance sometimes! I LOVE HAIR! I have discovered my own hair, which is sticking straight up, and love to twirl it in my fingers. I also love daddy's hair but he doesn't like it when I grab a fistful and pull! I am still on the verge of crawling although I get very frustrated scooting backwards and in circles and am much happier when mom lets me stand and walk. Yes, that's right, I got the whole one foot in front of the other thing down and love to walk!!

Lastly, I am starting to prefer daddy over mommy which of course makes mommy sad but she still gets to snuggle with me once a day when we take a nap together. She has also been reading to me and we just took a family outing to Barnes and Noble and bought me three more books! My favorite one is the book where mom and dad hold it up to their face and look like different animals! Mom says I am a ham since every time I see her phone or camera I put a huge grin on and reach for the camera! What can I say? I am my father's child ... mother's too I guess :) I guess that's it for now, mom says I stink so time for a bath in my new tub! Chow for Now!!

1 comment:

GG said...

uhmmm, yeah...juliana is getting her "ham reflexes" from her mom!!...you LUUUUUVED the camera when you were little...and the early walking..mm hm...8 1/2 months you decided to trek out on your own...sure will make your life harder, haha...when you can't take your eyes off her for two seconds...i'm not surprised at all that's she's going to get a head start on everything with the genes she got from her mommy and daddy!!