Monday, September 10, 2007

20 Week Sonogram


Well hello everyone, today I had my 20 week sonogram where they measure everything and make sure it's all coming together right. Little ???? was moving around quite a bit but not cooperating for the technician. The tech actually called her a brat a few times, I think I heard her right?!? She didn't speak English very well. Hey, at least she has my spunk! :) She had her arms and feet crossed the whole time and when they went to make sure she had a nose and mouth, she covered her face and just would not budge :) This Thursday I have my 6 month check up where I hope to get the results from the quad screen and today's ultrasound. It's amazing to see how much she has grown and changed even from 2 weeks ago. The tech said she is 13 oz and when I asked if she was small or big for her "age", the tech said 80%...if anyone knows what that means... maybe you nurses in the family can help out :) Well in case you are wondering why I haven't said her name, Jonathan and I decided to keep it as something special between he and I since we aren't together during this special time and don't know if he'll be around for the birth. I am excited to report however that the night before he left, he got to feel her kick him and several mornings in a row she would be playing with him while his hand was on my belly, of course he slept right through it :)

As for other news, Jonathan is at Ft. Benning now where is he having oh so much fun going through "Anti Terrorism" Training. Today he had all his medical screenings and tomorrow he continues getting all his gear. Other than that, all I know is that he is stuck in classes most all day with little time to eat or relax, although he did sneak away for a movie last night with a Major from the SF... so at least we know he is still rubbing elbows, as he always does :) He hopes to get to an orthopedic doc in Afghanistan to check out his ankle and make sure everything is ok... it still swells up most days and with Selection coming up in April we want to make sure he will be healthy for it.

Our house should go on the market soon since we are now using a realtor and we hope that interest in the property will start back up quickly. My goal is to get to TX as soon as possible but with the looming idea of no job come October I am unsure I will make it there before the house sells. If I can line up a job in TX it would be helpful, but who wants to hire a prego? :) Still no word on when Jonathan leaves but I'll certainly pass along more info as I get it! Hope everyone is well and look for an update after Thursday's appointment. Thank you so much for all the thoughts and continued prayers. Several people, including family and friends, have called to check in on me... so many I can't keep up with the calls :) I am doing well, trying to stay busy with work, packing and school. Be in touch,
-A-

2 comments:

GG said...

mm hm...your sweet little girl didn't budge from covering her face because she's embarrassed that you haven't told her GG what her name is!... ;o)

OIL and WATER said...

See it really is an alien!