Monday, June 4, 2007

OB Registration Today

Well, I am just getting back from my OB Registration today. The appointment started at 11am and we didn't leave until 1:45! When I first got there I had to go to immunization to make sure I had been given a tetnis shot back when I went to Africa b/c I stepped on a carpet nail this morning when I was nauseous and not fully awake. Then I had the cystic fibrosis test on my forearm where the nurse proceeded to draw a smiley face around the spot and said "don't scratch the nose". For those of you familiar with the military, you know that I had already been at the hospital for an hour by this point, so getting tired I made it to the lab to fill 7 vials of blood and piss in a cup. Then I finally got to sit down with my OB Coordinator and fill out a TON of paperwork. We found out the due date is Christmas day, however, since I was 2 weeks early and Jonathan was so late he was eating his own poo - I doubt baby Murphy will come on the 25th - if they do, it will be our little Christmas miracle! Anyways, we watched a movie about babies that I'm pretty sure was as old as I am then we finally got to go home, but not without a ton on literature! Now, I am totally wiped out so I will be grabbing a quick nap then working from home the rest of the day - Gotta love working from home!! Stay tuned for my first doc appointment this Thursday where we are supposed to hear the heartbeat!!

1 comment:

GG said...

aren't you glad you're not going to have to have the baby in the army??!!...you'd still be pregnant in march the way they drag things out!