Saturday, March 7, 2009
Puppies and Babies...Not so different!
Soooooo..... no one told me much of the gross side of being pregnant and being a mom. I am the friend that will tell you :) I have told friends all about things preggo books don't warn you about and today I am hear to warn you about something people don't tell you about motherhood. You know when your puppy (or grown dog!) poops on your carpet? You know how gross it is, and how stinky it is, and how demoralizing it is to clean it up??!!! Do you?! Well today I was changing Juliana. She was a little red so I was going to let her "air out" while I picked out her outfit...USUALLY NOT A PROBLEM, we do this often! Well today I turn around to see a nice, SOFT, pile of dung under my child's behind as she is standing against the wall reaching for her hairbows, totally oblivious to what she standing in!!! At first I am totally confused.... where did this come from? Harley wasn't in here. Then I see her little booty and I instantly figured it out and starting yelling "ewww", "oh my gosh", "groooooosss", and so one. She of course gets a little fussy due to my tone of voice. I then realize she has stepped in it... oh yes it gets worse. She has also left a trail of pee from where I sat her down, all the way across the room, to the wall where she left me such a nice present. Now, many of you remember the "diaper blowouts" of your kids as infants but THIS?!? SERIOUSLY!?!? So I pick her up, clean her off and put her in her crib, where she seems to enjoy watching me be totally grossed out while spraying and scrubbing the carpet for 10 minutes. So friends...family... be warned! This is part of motherhood they don't tell you about!! (I was actually thinking exactly those words I was cleaning up after my little dookie monster!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I know that it shouldn't, but this made me laugh so hard! Ah, the joys of motherhood. Love you friend!
i still like the analolgy of the yogurt machine...hahaha
HAHAHAHA.....i can totally see you cleaning this up.... while jules is giggling at you in her crib... "hehe.. my mommy's cleaning my poo off the floor"
HAHAHA... love you sis!! very very funny.
That is so gross yet really funny!! I bet Juliana got a kick out of watching you clean that up!!!! Oh, the things we do for our children!!
Post a Comment