Thursday, January 29, 2009

Jonathan's Upcoming Training

Several people have been asking so I thought I would let you all know the tentative schedule for Jonathan's training. He is already signed in and working everyday but it is mostly checking in stuff you do at each post (i.e. swim test, pt test, etc.) On February 9th he will leave for 2 weeks for CST (Common Skills Training). He is then supposed to have a weekend off with Juliana and I. He will then leave February 23rd for SUT (Small Unit Tactics) for 5 weeks and again he is supposed to have a weekend off with us. He'll leave for 3 more weeks for SERE (Survive, Evade, Resist, Escape) which is basically like POW training. He again is supposed to have a weekend off with us then he will be gone for 2 weeks at the range. All that training puts us at the 1st of May where he is then supposed to start language training. He is learning French which is less time than other languages so he will be home for 18 weeks with a relatively nice schedule. We have been told half the time he will go in from like 9-4 then switch to 11-7. After that (mid Sept.)... ????? Only the Army knows :) In the meantime, Juliana and I would like to go visit some friends and family but I am also trying to figure out work. Anyone is more than welcome to come visit us once we get the guest bedroom ready :) That's about it for now. Here's a funny picture of Miss Juliana. She got so much food in her hair that I had to wipe her hair and this is how it turned out...

No comments: